TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
The promoter of this competition is the House of Metaxa (Rémy Cointreau Europe & MEA S.A., Route de Pré‐Bois 20 ‐ Ρ. Box 1875 ‐ 1215 Geneva 15, Switzerland), hereinafter referred to as METAXA.
Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry to the competition. By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
A.HOW TO ENTER
- In the context of an international Instagram Contest, METAXA offers as a prize to the public, the opportunity to win a trip to Greece in 2022.
- The Global prize for three (3) to four (4) winners is a trip to Greece (2 days / 1 night trip to Athens inc. travel, accommodation and METAXA Cellar Experience), hereinafter referred to as the “Prize” or the “Trip”. The exact dates will be sent to the winner Instagram messenger within 15 days of METAXA’s receipt of the winner’s acknowledgment.
- The Contest consists of inviting influencers to encourage their own fanbase (web users) to share their own take on the unexpected with METAXA through a UGC contest: ask web users to share a picture of an unconventional social experience in an unexpected location, hereinafter referred to as the “Contest”.
- To win, web users must share their own original content, showcasing the unexpected, through their social media channels (feed post to be reposted in story) with the following hashtags and mentions: #METAXA #TasteTheUnexpected #AmberHour #GreekAperitif @metaxa.official @influencername. Each web user can post several pictures or videos but can only win once.
- The Contest will be promoted on both METAXA’ social media accounts, Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/metaxa.official/) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/metaxa/). It will run from May 25th, 2022 until June 10th, 2022. The Contest ends on June 10th, 2022 no later than 23:59 GMT. All pictures posted after that time will not be accepted.
By participating, each participant warrants and represents that his/her picture, and all components thereof:
- is original to him/her;
- does not violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, regulation or guideline, does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and they are above the legal drinking age in their jurisdiction of residence;
will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; and
1. is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following:
- Explicit, graphic or excessive sexual activity;
- Crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols;
- Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups;
- Content that endorses, condones or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity, behaviour or conduct;
- Personal information of individuals, including without limitation, names and addresses (physical or e-mail);
- Conduct or other activities in violation of these Terms and Conditions;
- Commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than those of METAXA;
- Does not depict the consumption of alcohol or refer to the effects of consuming alcoholic beverages;
- Does not refer to, depict or appeal to persons under the legal drinking age;
- Does not depict alcohol as a status symbol, a necessity for the enjoyment of life or an escape from life’s problems, or suggest that consumption of alcohol should take precedence over other activities;
- Does imply that social acceptance, social status, personal success, or business or athletic achievement may be acquired, enhanced or reinforced through consumption of alcohol;
- Does not imply directly or indirectly that the presence or consumption of alcohol is essential to the enjoyment of an activity or an event;
- Does show or use language that suggests, in any way, alcohol misuse or dependency, compulsive behavior, urgency of need or urgency of use;
- Does not depict alcohol in such a way or at such a time that it may be associated with the operation of any vehicle or conveyance requiring skill;
- Does not depict alcohol in such a way or at such a time as may associate alcohol with any activity requiring a significant degree of skill, care or mental alertness or involving an obvious element of danger;
- Any identifiable third-party products and/or trade-marks, brands or logos; and/or
- Any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by METAXA and/or the participant in his sole discretion.
By participating in the Contest, each participant (web user) agrees to grant to METAXA, a 2-years world-wide, royalty free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use the Contest, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting, METAXA and/or its products.
To that end, METAXA reserves the rights to publish (for feed post only, stories repost is not concerned) some of the pictures generated on Instagram for the Contest, and publish them on its website (www.metaxa.com), on METAXA global Facebook page (facebook.com/metaxa/), the fourteen local Facebook pages:
To confirm this agreement, METAXA will contact the picture owner through Instagram messenger before publishing it (for feed post only, stories repost is not concerned). The picture owner will have to confirm in written that he/she accepts to transfer his/her rights to METAXA for his/her picture to be used on one of the above digital platforms mentioned.
METAXA does not accept responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including for example, as a result of any technical malfunctions and/or any network, server, computer hardware or software failures of any kind.
No METAXA purchase is necessary.
- The competition is open to anyone aged 21 years or over, except employees of METAXA (or its associated and affiliated companies), their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the competition.
- By entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the Prize.
- METAXA may require the winner to provide his/her complete name and proof of his/her identity and that he/she is eligible to enter the competition – he/she agrees to cooperate with such enquiries. The winner will need valid identity documents.
A. METAXA will not accept competition entries that are automatically generated by computer, completed by third parties or in bulk, illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with, photocopies and not originals or incomplete.
B. METAXA reserves all rights to disqualify the winner if his conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition or if (in METAXA’s opinion) you are in breach of these terms and conditions. METAXA reserves the right to exclude the winner from the Trip if his attitude, is contrary to METAXA’s image. The winner is asked to drink responsibly.
C. WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT
- The winners will be selected by the following jury members: the influencer, Virginie PERCHAUD (METAXA Marketing Director) and Emeline Phipps (METAXA Digital Manager), following the criteria below:
a. A qualitative (not blurry, etc.) picture with some aesthetic impact (fresh, unique, creative…) where the user shares his/her own take on the unexpected, as explained in “A. HOW TO ENTER”.
b. A copy explaining what is unexpected about the posted content.
- The winners will be contacted via Facebook or Instagram messenger, within the week after the end of the Contest.
a. The winners must respond to METAXA either by Facebook or Instagram within 1 week of being notified they have won to claim their Prize (Acknowledgment).
b. If a winner does not respond to METAXA within the week of being notified, then the winner’s Prize will be forfeited, and another winner will be selected in accordance with the process set out above.
- The selection of the winner is final, and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into regarding their selection.
D. THE PRIZE
- The winning entry will entitle three (3) to four (4) winners to a Trip to Greece (2 days / 1 night trip to Athens inc. travel, accommodation and METAXA Cellar Experience). The winner will have to cover any expense that is not included.
- A specific number of winners have been defined and no extra participation will be accepted.
- The Prize’s value has been evaluated to a maximum of 1,500€ per person.
- Details of the Prize (exact dates, event’s location, format, etc.) will be sent to the winner by Facebook or Instagram messenger within a reasonable time of METAXA’s receipt of the winner’s Acknowledgment. Because of Covid-19 pandemic situation, prize exact dates are subject of changes depending local governmental restrictions.
- There is no cash alternative for the Prize and the Prize is not negotiable or transferable.
E. CLAIMING THE PRIZE
- The Prize may not be claimed by a third party on the winner’s behalf. The winner will be responsible for ensuring that he is available to travel and hold valid passport, any necessary visas and travel documents and appropriate travel insurance for the Trip specified by METAXA.
- If the winner is unable to travel on the date of the Trip he was invited by METAXA, then the winner’s Prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected in accordance with the process set out above.
- METAXA does not accept any responsibility if the winner is not able to take up the Prize.
- The winner will receive a written document for approval and signature, transferring its image rights and data management to the Organisers, a sine qua non condition for receiving the Prize. This document is granting METAXA the right of use of pictures taken during the Trip
F. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Insofar as is permitted by law, METAXA, its agents and distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of METAXA, its agents and/or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The competition is not endorsed by or in association with any of the organizations which offer elements of the Prize. All bodies which offer services as part of the Prize, will have its own terms and conditions and requirements which you will be subject to.
G. DATA PROTECTION
Personal data collected in the context of this Contest are processed by RC EMEA, Route de Pré-Bois 20 – P.O Box 1875 – 1215 Geneva 15 – Switzerland acting as a Data controller.
Personal data are collected and processed for the following purposes:
- To perform this Contest, especially to manage your participation to the Contest, to contact the winners, to allocate the Prize, and to respond to your requests or complaints;
- To promote the Contest;
- To ensure that you meet the minimum legal age requirements;
- To comply with our legal requirements.
The processing of your personal data is based on the execution of the contract (terms and conditions of entry in the competition), on our legitimate interest (to promote the Contest and to respond to your requests or complaints), on our obligation to act in compliance with the applicable legal and regulatory obligations and on your consent to the extent it is required by law.
Your personal data will not be transferred to or made accessible by third parties except to our affiliates and to our service providers.
Your personal data will be processed in the European Union. We will keep your personal data as long as necessary for the performance and promotion of the Contest and to meet our legal requirements.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
In accordance with the applicable laws, you have the rights of access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, objection, portability of your personal data we hold about you to the extent applicable, unless we can demonstrate a compelling legitimate reason for retaining your personal data.
When the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
You can exercise your rights by writing to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions METAXA may, at its sole discretion, exclude you from participating in the competition, or withdraw the Prize.
- METAXA reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- If a provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid or unenforceable, that part shall not affect the validity of the other provisions in these terms and conditions and shall be severed from those provisions.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under Greece law, and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Greece.
I. CONTACT US
To contact METAXA or to de-register and withdraw from the competition or any email updates from us, please email email@example.com. All of our emails to you will also have an opt-out link if you wish to unsubscribe from further updates.
J. DEPOSIT AND CONSULTATION OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The complete Rules are filed at GOULANDRI Evangellia, Notary, whose office is located at 5 Drosini Street, Kifissia, Attica, Greece. These rules can be consulted on METAXA Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/metaxa/), on METAXA Instagram account https://www.instagram.com/metaxa.official/) and on METAXA website (www.metaxa.com) for the entire duration of the Competition. They may also be sent at no charge, to anyone who has made such a request during the Competition period to METAXA, at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.