The promoter of this competition is the House of Metaxa (Rémy Cointreau Europe & MEA S.A., Route de Pré-Bois 20 -P.O Box 1875 -1215 Geneva 15, Switzerland), hereinafter referred to as METAXA.
Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry to the competition. By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
A. HOW TO ENTER
- In the context of an international Instagram Contest, METAXA offers as a prize to the public, the opportunity to win a trip to “Explore METAXA”in Greecein 2020, hereinafter referred to as the “Contest”
- The prize is a 3 days-trip, held in Greece between the beginningofMay and mid-July2020, hereinafter referred to as the “Prize” or the “Trip”.The exact dates will be sent to the winner by Facebook and/or Instagrammessenger within 15 days of METAXA’s receipt of the winner’s Acknowledgment.
- The Contest consists of inviting the web users to post on their Instagram profile, a picture of their favourite explorationalong with a copy explaining why they chose this place, mentioning @metaxa.official (https://www.instagram.com/metaxa.official/) and using the hashtag #BeAMETAXAExplorer (https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/beametaxaexplorer/). Each web user can post several pictures but can only win once.
- The Contest will be promoted on both METAXA’ social media accounts, Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/metaxa.official/) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/metaxa/). It will run from January 8th, 2020at the time of the post until February 16th, 2020. The Contest ends on February 16th, 2020no later than 23:59 GMT. All pictures posted after that time will not be accepted
By participating, each participant warrants and represents that his picture, and all components thereof:
- is original to him/her;
- does not violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, regulation or guideline, does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and they are above the legal drinking age in their jurisdiction of residence;
iii. will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; and
- is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following:
- Explicit, graphic or excessive sexual activity;
- Crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols;
- Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups;
- Content that endorses, condones or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity, behaviour or conduct;
- Personal information of individuals, including without limitation, names and addresses (physical or e-mail);
- Conduct or other activities in violation of these Terms and Conditions;
- Commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than those of METAXA;
- Does not depict the consumption of alcohol or refer to the effects of consuming alcoholic beverages;
- Does not refer to, depict or appeal to persons under the legal drinking age;
- Does not depict alcohol as a status symbol, a necessity for the enjoyment of life or an escape from life’s problems, or suggest that consumption of alcohol should take precedence over other activities;
- Does imply that social acceptance, social status, personal success, or business or athletic achievement may be acquired, enhanced or reinforced through consumption of alcohol;
- Does not imply directly or indirectly that the presence or consumption of alcohol is essential to the enjoyment of an activity or an event;
- Does show or use language that suggests, in any way, alcohol misuse or dependency, compulsive behavior, urgency of need or urgency of use;
- Does not depict alcohol in such a way or at such a time that it may be associated with the operation of any vehicle or conveyance requiring skill;
- Does not depict alcohol in such a way or at such a time as may associate alcohol with any activity requiring a significant degree of skill, care or mental alertness or involving an obvious element of danger;
- Any identifiable third-party products and/or trade-marks, brands or logos; and/or
- Any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by METAXA and/or the participant in his sole discretion.
- By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to grant to METAXA, in perpetuity, a world-wide, royalty free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use the pictures, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest, METAXA and/or its products.
To that end, METAXA reserves the rights to publish some of the pictures generated on Instagram for the Contest, and publish them on it’s website (www.metaxa.com), on METAXA global Facebook page (facebook.com/metaxa/), the fourteen local Facebook pages:
To confirm this agreement, METAXA will contact the picture owner through Instagram messenger before publishing it. The picture owner will have to fill up a participation formand confirm in written that he accepts to transfers his rights to METAXA for his/her picture to be used on one or severalof the above digital platforms mentioned, in any kind of formats (video, photo, story, article, GIF).
- METAXA does not accept responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including for example, as a result of any technical malfunctions and/or any network, server, computer hardware or software failures of any kind.
vii. No purchase is necessary.
- The competition is open to anyone aged 21 years or over, except employees of METAXA (or its associated and affiliated companies) their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the competition.
- By entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the Prize.
iii. METAXA may require the winner to provide his complete name and proof of his identity and that he is eligible to enter the competition – he agrees to cooperate with such enquiries. The winner will need valid identity documents.
- METAXA will not accept competition entries that are automatically generated by computer, completed by third parties or in bulk, illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with, photocopies and not originals or incomplete.
- METAXA reserves all rights to disqualify the winner if his conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition or if (in METAXA’s opinion) you are in breach of these terms and conditions. METAXA reserves the right to exclude the winner from the Trip if his attitude, is contrary to METAXA’s image. The winner is asked to drink responsibly.
C. WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT
- The winners will be selected by a jury of two persons: Elisabeth TONA, Managing Director of METAXA and Emeline PHIPPS, Digital Manager of METAXA, following the criteria below:
– A qualitative (not blurry, etc.) picture with some aesthetic impact (beautiful, surprising…) from the user’s favorite place.
– A copy explaining why the user selected that place in particular and how it makes them feel.
- The winners will be contacted via Facebook and/or Instagram messenger, within the week after the end of the Contest.
iii. The winners must respond to METAXA either by Facebook or Instagram within 1 week of being notified they have won to claim their Prize (Acknowledgment).
- If a winner does not respond to METAXA within the week of being notified, then the winner’s Prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected in accordance with the process set out above.
- The selection of the winner is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into regarding their selection.
D. THE PRIZE
- The winning entry will entitle the winner to a Trip to Explore The House of Metaxa in Greece. The Prize includes (for the winner only) a visit of METAXA premises (Kifissia, Athens), a night out in Athens (dinner in a restaurant and cocktail in bars), and a visit to Samos Island. The Prize included air tickets to and from the winners’ country of origin, transfers, accommodation, food, drinks and any activity proposed by METAXA during the whole duration of the Trip. The winner will have to cover any expense that is not included.
- A specific number of winners have been defined and no extra participation will be accepted. The Trip will be constituted of 1 group of 3 winners from different countries around the world.
iii The Prize’s value has been evaluated to a maximum of 2.000€ per person.
- Details of the Prize (exact dates, event’s location, format, hour etc) will be sent to the winner by Facebook and/or Instagram messenger within 15 days of METAXA’s receipt of the winner’s Acknowledgment.
- There is no cash alternative for the Prize and the Prize is not negotiable or transferable.
E. CLAIMING THE PRIZE
- The Prize may not be claimed by a third party on the winner’s behalf. The winner will be responsible for ensuring that he is available to travel and hold valid passports, any necessary visas and travel documents and appropriate travel insurance for the Trip specified by METAXA.
- If the winner is unable to travel on the date of the Trip he was invited by METAXA, then the winner’s Prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected in accordance with the process set out above.
iii. METAXA does not accept any responsibility if the winner is not able to take up the Prize.
F. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Insofar as is permitted by law, METAXA, its agents and distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of METAXA, its agents and/or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The competition is not endorsed by or in association with any of the organisations which offer elements of the Prize. All bodies which offer services as part of the Prize, will have its own terms and conditions and requirements which you will be subject to.
G. DATA PROTECTION AND PUBLICITY
Personal data collected in the context of this Competition are processed by RCEMEA, Route de Pré-Bois 20 – P.O Box 1875 – 1215 Geneva 15 – Switzerland.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions METAXA may, at its sole discretion, exclude you from participating in the competition, or withdraw the Prize.
- METAXA reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- If a provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid or unenforceable, that part shall not affect the validity of the other provisions in these terms and conditions and shall be severed from those provisions.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed under Greece law, and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Greece.
I. CONTACT US
To contact METAXA or to de-register and withdraw from the competition or any email updates from us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All of our emails to you will also have an opt-out link if you wish to unsubscribe from further updates.
J. DEPOSIT AND CONSULTATION OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The complete Rules are filed at GOULANDRI Evangellia, Notary, whose office is located at 5 Drosini Street, Kifissia, Attica, Greece. These rules can be consulted on METAXA Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/metaxa/), on METAXA Instagram account https://www.instagram.com/metaxa.official/) and on METAXA website (www.metaxa.com) for the entire duration of the Competition. They may also be sent at no charge, to anyone who has made such a request during the Competition period to METAXA, at the following address: email@example.com